New nLight® AIR Wireless Controls from Acuity Brands Reduce Complexity and Cost of LED Retrofit for Building Owners and Contractors
- nLight AIR enabled luminaires ship with a smart environment multi-function sensor that detects and shares motion, daylight and temperature data via integrated radios. The multi-function sensor is factory integrated and tested so that a wirelessly networked lighting control platform is deployed automatically with each installed luminaire.
- Each nLight AIR control device features a dual wireless radio solution with 900MHz and Bluetooth® Low Energy (BLE) communication technologies. The 900 MHz band is the ideal frequency for indoor and outdoor intra-zone communications, controller-to-zone communications on integrated networks, and special uses such as firmware upgrades. BLE wireless technology is best suited for commissioning, diagnostics and remote wall switch management as well as smart-building applications like wayfinding and asset tracking.
- nLight AIR enabled luminaires can be easily programmed with the CLAIRITY app, which features a touch-based user interface that provides users with real-time feedback and acknowledgements during the start-up process. The app enables complete configuration of nLight AIR devices, with the ability to use default or customized occupancy and daylight sensor settings, wall switch configuration and sequence of operations. CLAIRITY app users are registered and verified before use for added security and continuity. All critical settings are uploaded to the cloud for future reference or for recovery. CLAIRITY is available on Apple® iOS7+ and Google® Android™ KitKat+ software and associated devices.
- The nLight AIR control system also features rPODB wall switches, which can be remotely managed via the CLAIRITY app. Batteries used in the rPODB switches are designed to last for 10 years under normal usage and conditions. The batteries come included and installed in the wall switches.
- The nLight platform’s architecture enables easy future upgrades to smart building applications with minimal investment. New features and applications such as indoor positioning and non-lighting IoT sensors, BACNet integration and SensorView™ real-time configuration and performance monitoring can be added easily and cost effectively.
Neil EganDirector, CommunicationsUnited StatesNeil.Egan@acuitybrands.com770-860-2957
MORE FROM LATEST NEWS
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
eldoLED to Focus on Light Quality and Digital Innovation in the LED Driver at LIGHTFAIR® International 2019
Acuity Brands to Showcase Select Luminaires Using Virtual Reality Technology at LIGHTFAIR® International 2019
Acuity Brands to Feature New Innovative New Smart Home Lighting Product at LIGHTFAIR 2019