Acuity Brands Triumphs with Seven 2014 Product Innovation Award Distinctions
Award-winning Acuity Brands LED and OLED products designed for indoor applications are among the industry's most innovative solid-state lighting products.
Acuity Brands, Inc. announced today that it has received seven product awards from Architectural SSL magazine's 2014 Product Innovation Awards (PIA). The products selected reflect the continued industry-leading evolution of the Acuity Brands portfolio with distinctions in LED luminaire, OLED luminaire and LED driver categories for indoor applications.
"Acuity Brands is dedicated to the design and engineering of lighting solutions – not just luminaires, but integrated lighting systems – that create inspired visual environments while minimizing energy usage," said Rick Earlywine, Senior Vice President of Innovation and Technology at Acuity Brands Lighting. "These awards recognize our achievements, and affirm our leadership as a driving force in the evolution of the lighting industry."
The awards represent a peer-recognized selection of quality LED and OLED lighting products. The innovative and significant new Acuity Brands products selected as PIA winners include:
· Phuzion™ LED high bay from Holophane®: Taking high-bay lighting to new levels of lumen output and temperature tolerance, the Phuzion LED high bay is ideal for heavy industrial and light manufacturing spaces. Controlled indoor environments such as gymnasiums benefit from its high vertical lighting levels.
· Breez™ Series Recessed LED luminaire from Lithonia Lighting®: A new class of recessed architectural lighting featuring a graceful gull-wing reflector design and highly-reflective optical system that creates a fully indirect, volumetric LED luminaire that complements today's modern architectural ceilings.
· Bruno® LED luminaire from Peerless®: Available in suspended and wall mount models and distributions ranging from 70% indirect/30% direct to 100% direct, Bruno LED luminaires offer energy-saving efficiency up to 116 lm/W and comfortable, high-quality illumination from a simple, low-profile rectangular form.
· Vellum™ LED luminaire from Peerless®: Vellum LED combines simple, yet sophisticated design with practical efficiency to produce extraordinary illumination. Featuring a low-profile housing that encases a thin, edge-lit lens, Vellum luminaires suspend with discreet style from ceilings in offices, retail spaces, academic institutions as well as hospitality and healthcare settings.
· Lumen Being™ OLED luminaire from Acuity OLED: Cited as "Best New Product Using OLED", the Lumen Being OLED luminaire allows users to set and adjust a variable brightness gradient using gestural controls. A simple wave of the hand adjusts the brightness, as well as how the luminaire distributes light to the task or ambient environment. The Lumen Being OLED luminaire is planned to be available commercially in the fall of 2014.
· Modelo™ OLED luminaire from Acuity OLED: Cited as "Most Unique Product", the Modelo OLED luminaire consists of square and rectangular panels that enable building of personalized ceiling and wall luminaires. Configurations include straight, curved, round, oval and square patterns. The Modelo OLED luminaire is planned to be available commercially in the fall of 2014.
· 30W SOLOdrive® LED driver from eldoLED®: A constant current LED driver for general white LED lighting applications, the SOLOdrive LED driver offers smooth dimming down to zero as well as programmability and easy extension of its standard feature set.
For more information about Acuity Brands, please visit www.acuitybrands.com.
About Acuity Brands
Acuity Brands, Inc. is a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of lighting solutions for both indoor and outdoor applications. With fiscal year 2013 net sales of over $2 billion, Acuity Brands employs approximately 6,500 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia. The Company's lighting solutions are sold under various brands, including Lithonia Lighting®, Holophane®, Peerless®, Gotham®, Mark Architectural Lighting™, Winona® Lighting, Healthcare Lighting®, Hydrel®, American Electric Lighting®, Carandini®, Antique Street Lamps™, Sunoptics®, Axion™ Controls, Sensor Switch®, Lighting Control & Design™, Synergy® Lighting Controls, Pathway Connectivity™, Dark to Light®, ROAM®, RELOC® Wiring Solutions, Acculamp® and eldoLED®.
About Architectural SSL Product Innovation Awards (PIA)
The Architectural SSL Product Innovation Awards (PIA) determine and honor the most innovative LED/ solid-state luminaires and fixtures on the market, while also recognizing the companies behind the components that make up these light sources. The PIA program also recognizes leaders in categories ranging from those conducting cutting-edge R+D, to those helping in the development of standards as well as those pushing to make solid-state lighting a truly sustainable technology.
Construction Business Media, headquartered in Chicago, is publisher of Architectural Products, Illuminate and Architectural SSL magazines. The company also operates the ArchLED Conference, markets and partners in TheContinuingArchitect.com educational platform, and maintains websites and electronic extensions of its print publications.
# # #
Neil EganDirector, CommunicationsUnited StatesNeil.Egan@acuitybrands.com770-860-2957
MORE FROM LATEST NEWS
SUBSCRIBE TO RSS FEEDXML
Acuity Brands Products Win Best of Category, Design Excellence Award During LIGHTFAIR® International 2019
eldoLED to Focus on Light Quality and Digital Innovation in the LED Driver at LIGHTFAIR® International 2019
Acuity Brands to Showcase Select Luminaires Using Virtual Reality Technology at LIGHTFAIR® International 2019