ATLANTA - April 27, 2016 - Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE:AYI) innovative LED lighting solutions earned recognition from the industry's most prestigious award programs during LIGHTFAIR®
International (LFI) in San Diego, including the LFI Innovation Awards® 2016 and the Next Generation Luminaires(TM) (NGL)Solid-State Lighting (SSL) Design Indoor Competition, as well
as being recognized on the EdisonReport Top 10 MUST
Acuity Brands solutions winning Best in Category from the LFI Innovation Awards 2016, are:
- Commercial Indoor: RUBIK(TM) luminaires from Mark Architectural Lighting(TM), which offer unparalleled design flexibility for grid ceilings and include dynamic features such as tunable white, grayscale and color accent.
- Connectivity, Integration and Analytics: ByteLight(TM) Services platform, which provides the capability to deliver precise indoor positioning, mobile navigation and advanced analytics.
- Industrial, Vandal, Emergency and Exit: Phuzion(TM) PHS Round LED High Bayluminaire from Holophane®, which includes two LED sources to light above and below the fixture in order to reduce the visual contrast between the source and the ceiling.
- Non-Luminous Components, Specialty Hardware, Shades and Solar: LightFlex(TM) CCT daylighting system from Sunoptics® ,which is a tubular prismatic solution that uses remote phosphors to color-shift cool daylight Correlated Color Temperatures (CCTs) to warmer
The LFI Innovation Awards, judged by an independent panel of esteemed lighting professionals, recognize the best innovations from more than 500 of the world's leading
manufacturers across the lighting industry.
Acuity Brands luminaires winning the
2016 Next Generation Luminaires (TM) (NGL) Solid-State Lighting (SSL) Design Indoor Competition are:
- Juno® Recessed 4" Internally Adjustable LED Downlight: Single housing offers many application possibilities with just a change out of trims, including the industry's first dedicated small aperture LED fixture for sloped ceilings.
- Aculux(TM) 3-1/4" LED Precision Recessed with Black Body Dimming and Tunable White Technologies, Generation 2: Black body LED dimming expertly mimics halogen lighting, transforming any room with a warm evening glow; now available with DMX512/RDM and additional
- EVO® 4" Tunable White from Gotham®: Allows designers to create a space that transitions seamlessly between static and dynamic solutions, bringing dynamic lighting into the design of everyday spaces.
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE), the Illuminating Engineering Society, and the International Association of Lighting Designers, the NGL competition was launched in 2008 to encourage technical innovation and promote excellence in the design
of energy-efficient LED luminaires for commercial, industrial, and institutional applications.
RUBIK luminaires were also recognized as a Top Ten
MUST SEE list product by EdisonReport, a leading site for news and information about the lighting industry in North America.
"Having a lighting product recognized by any one of these industry-leading awards programs is an honor, and it's tremendously gratifying to see our newest solutions capturing awards from all three," said Rick Earlywine, Acuity Brands Lighting Senior Vice
President, Engineering. "It's a testimony to our commitment to continuous innovation and to creating more customizable environments through lighting."
About Acuity Brands
Acuity Brands, Inc. (NYSE:AYI is a North American market leader and one of the world's leading providers of indoor and outdoor lighting and energy management solutions. With fiscal year 2015
net sales of $2.7 billion, Acuity Brands currently employs approximately 9,000 associates and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia with operations throughout North America, and in Europe and Asia. The Company's products and solutions are sold under various
brands, including Lithonia Lighting®, Holophane®, Peerless®, Gotham®, Mark Architectural Lighting(TM), Winona® Lighting, Juno®, Indy(TM), AccuLite®, Aculux(TM), NaviLite® and DanaLite(TM), Healthcare Lighting®, Hydrel®, American Electric Lighting®, Carandini®,
Antique Street Lamps(TM), Sunoptics®, RELOC® Wiring Solutions, eldoLED®, Distech Controls® and Acuity Controls(TM). Visit us at www.acuitybrands.com.
All trademarks referenced are property of their respective owners.
# # #